|Gymnastics Trampoline & Tumbling Martial Arts Parkour Dance 10702 Browne Street, Omaha NE 68134 402-571-6630 | Fax: 402-571-9522 | firstname.lastname@example.org|
We at Premier teach martial arts in a very traditional way. We are very strict on students earning a belt by demonstrating very solid techniques. A student will develop a very strong ability to defend themselves when progressing through the ranks. By teaching 2 styles at once this creates a hefty curriculum for Premier Martial artist. It usually takes a student at least one year to complete their first belt rank. We have a unique achievement stripe program for our white belts.
• MARTIAL ARTS STYLES: The Premier Martial Arts program teaches ITF and Kamishin Ryu Karate Do. Kamishan Ryu Karate Do is a combination of Okinawan Karate and Japanese Jui jitsu techniques. These two martial arts are kicking and striking arts that have a great deal in common. During the training the students will earn belts/rank in both ITF and Kamishan Ryu Karate Do.
• CLASSES: Premier currently offers two classes: beginner class and intermediate/advanced class. These classes meet once a week for an hour each. In both classes, students will learn the importance of being a good citizen through the Five Tenets of Tae Kwon Do Courtesy, Integrity, Perseverance, Self Control, and Indomitable spirit.
Beginner, ages 5-16 - (1 hour class) Students will begin to learn the basic foundations of martial arts. Punches, kicks and blocks and stances will be put together into combinations, techniques and forms (kata). They will learn the importance of respect, self-control, and self-discipline so they become well rounded martial artists
Intermediate/Advanced - Coed, ages 5-16 - (1 hour class) (instructor permission required to enroll) Students will continue their study of the martial arts through advanced techniques, forms (kata) and combinations. The overall form of their kicks, punches, and blocks will be critiqued and improved. Students will also begin light contact sparring as well as break-falling techniques, both under cautious supervision by their instructor. Finally, students will gain a better understanding of how Kamishan Ryu works through history and tradition.
• ATTIRE: A uniform (gi) is mandatory for each class. Students must wear the gi top and pants (which can be purchased in the Premier Pro Shop) along with their belt and appropriate t-shirt underneath. Hair must be pulled back and away from the face.
The Belt Color system is as follows:
• High white - this is a white belt with a black stripe down the length of it
• High Yellow - this is a Yellow belt with a black stripe down the length of it
• High Green - this is a Green belt with a black stripe down the length of it
• High blue - this is a Blue belt with a black stripe down the length of it
• High Brown - this is a Brown belt with a black stripe down the length of it• Black Shodan 1st degree Black Belt
It usually takes people 4 to 7 years to become a Black Belt.
Students will be notified as to when they can be tested for their next belt rank. These testings will be held on Saturdays and last about 2 hours. All testing fees are included in your monthly tuition.
All rules are in place in order to maintain a safe environment and provide a respectable, traditional setting for martial arts training.
Copyright 2007 Premier Gymnastics. All rights reserved. Premier Policies